- Data Sheet
S Band Antenna
IQ Technologies for Earth and Space GmbH
This COTS antenna is designed for pico and nano satellite applications to realize satellite-to-ground links. The mechanical dimensions fit a 1U CubeSat as well as larger satellites.
Various designs of different frequencies are available and customer specific solutions can be provided.
With circular polarization, the antenna provides a robust solution regarding the steering accuracy to the ground station antenna.
The design could be either single patch antennas or dual patch antennas for separate Tx and Rx ports.
Thereby the duplex filter requirements are minimized.
As RF interface a robust SMA (female) or an UMP connector is used.
Four screws provide a proper mounting of the antenna.
The antenna backside shall be grounded properly to the satellite chassis. As dielectric, ROGERS™ laminate for space applications is used.
Patches and conductors are Cu with NiAu surface finish.
With the basic design TRL 9 has been achieved with numerous successful LEO missions.
▪ Flight grade tested design
▪ Patch antenna design
▪ Various designs available
▪ Cost effective
▪ Short delivery time
- ■Key Specifications
• Operation frequency: 1.980-2.500 GHz
• Bandwidth: 50 MHz (withinfrequency band)
• Gain: 6…11 dBi (typ.)
• Vertical beam: ± 40° (typ.)
• Horizontal beam: ± 40° (typ.)
• F/B ratio: > 20 dB
• VSWR: < 1.25 @ typ.< 1.8 @ full BW
• Impedance: 50 Ω
• Polarization: RHCP (opt. LHCP)
• Mass: 49 grams (single) 62 grams (dual) 180 grams (quad)
• Type: Patch
• Connector type: SMA (f), UMP
• Outer dimensions (x/y/z, w/o connector):Single patch: 70 x 70 x 3.4 mm³
Dual patch:80 x 100 x 3.4 mm³
Quad patch:160 x 160 x 3.4 mm³
• TRL: 9
- Data Sheet