- Data Shhet
X Band Antenna
IQ Technologies for Earth and Space GmbH
This COTS antenna is designed for pico and nano satellite applications to realize satellite links.
The mechanical dimensions fit a 1U CubeSat as well as larger satellites.
With circular polarization, the antenna provides a robust solution regarding the steering accuracy to the ground station antenna.
Due to the four combined patches, a high antenna gain can be achieved, considering small form factor requirements.
As RF interface, a robust SMA (female) connector is used. Four screws provide a proper mounting of the antenna.
The antenna backside shall be grounded properly to the satellite chassis. As dielectric,
ROGERS™ laminate for space applications is used. Patches and conductors are Cu with NiAu surface finish.
With the basic design TRL 9 has been achieved with various successful LEO missions.
Alternative designs for X band uplink frequency and X band downlink frequency are available.
▪ Flight grade tested design
▪ Patch antenna design
▪ Cost effective
▪ Short delivery time
- ■Key Specifications
• Operation frequency: 8.025-8.400 GHz 7.145-7.250 GHz
• Maximum gain (main direction): 10 dBi
• Half power beam width: 40°
• RF power input: < 2 W
• VSWR: < 1.4 typ. < 1.8 @ full BW
• Impedance: 50 Ω
• Polarization: RHCP (opt. LHCP)
• Temperature range: -30°C … +60°C
• Mass: 20 grams
• Type: Patch
• Connector type: SMA (f)
• Outer dimensions (x/y/z, w/o connector): 60 x 40 x 1.8 mm³
- Data Shhet